Monday, October 5, 2009

Arrangements for our Angel


Visitation
Friday from 6-8 pm
New Hope Funeral Home
500 E. Hwy 80
Sunnyvale, TX 75182


Funeral
Saturday at 10 am
Faith Baptist Church
1228 Newsom
Mesquite, TX 75149

From this day on, we will celebrate the life Alex had on earth and her new life in Heaven. Her funeral will be a great celebration so we will be wearing bright clothes and sharing fond memories of her life.

In lieu of flowers we are asking donations be made to
CCI SW Region
PO Box 4568
Oceanside, CA 92052-4568
In Memory of Alexandria Haines

CCI is Canine Companions for Independence. It is where Alex got Phinneas from and we all know how much Alex loved Phinny and how much he changed her life.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of Alex passing, we met her at the LMBBS conference in 2008. I remember the fun evening spent by the pool with Phinny as she swam a bit. She is a hero and is a princess and is now our angel. We will never forget her.
    Mary and Ashley Morris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in tears as I read the difficult road all of you have had to travel with Alex. I will always remember her as the girl who swam with Megan in the pool in Houston and the service dog she brought to our last conference. She is at peace now and I pray that her family will now have some peace in the knowledge that Alex is no longer suffering.

    Claudia, Monique, Megan, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite "Alex Story" - Jessica and Amanda had taken Alex for an outing. She may have been 3. They were trying on nail polish. Jessica and Amanda got tired and wanted to leave. Not Alex. They sat her on the floor and told her to come on. Not Alex. She decided to have a "Hissey Fit" and laid down on the floor. Jessica and Amanda discussed the situation and told Alex that they were leaving her.They hid nearby so that they could still see her. Alex recovered. Looked around for her sisters, not finding them, she jumped up and started to run down the aisle saying "Hurwee, Hurwee". The girls came to her rescue and all was well. Sooooooo sweet.........Love you all....Aunt Nell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard and I send my deepest sympathy but all i can say is alex was definitely a patient I will never forget ! Even if I wasn't the best at the mouth swabbing
    ...It was a joy to take care of her and pray that God brings you guys
    peace knowing she is causing a riot in heaven with her
    dancing and singing! She will be missed but she is pain free and
    suffering free in heaven and that brings a smile to my face !
    With love and prayers Madai

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heard, & I am so, so sorry for you and your family. As a Mom, it is simply unimaginable.

    To Alexis's family:
    Your unending LOVE, patience,and presence were gutwrenching and heartwarming. Families like you make our job so human and humbling. The depth of your love and unending empathy for little Alex brings tears to my eyes,and takes my breath away. My deepest sympathy and prayers are with you all.

    To Alex: rest in peace in God's arms and with your angel friends little one. You were a fighter and a trooper. You were brave and courageous. Play, laugh, dance, and play some more. You are now free.

    My thoughts, prayers, and condolensces go out to you,

    Respectfully and Sincerely,

    Lorrie Green MCCH PICU RN

    ReplyDelete