All the action from Alex getting out of bed yesterday caused her to be a little sore today. Her back and knees were sore today. Physical therapy thinks she may have jumped the gun a bit by getting out of bed. They gave her some exercises to do to get her ready to get out of bed. This way her exercises can work her muscles instead of overloading them like she did yesterday. She still had a good day. She dialysized today with no major hitches and will again dialyze Wednesday. The doctors are hoping she may be able to go to a regular room on Wednesday which would be awesome.
Phiny is moving back in with Alex as of tomorrow. He misses her and she misses him; so I know they will boost each others spirits to be back together. He has been able to visit her but now that she is once again stable she can get her baby back.
Natalie, her music therapist, came to visit Alex today and they had an awesome time together. Natalie has truly been a blessing to both mom and Alex. Out of all the nurses and therapists that have been scared off by either mom or Alex, Natalie has stuck it out through the good and bad. She came up and visited Alex when she was sedated and on the respirator and sang Alex all her favorite Disney tunes. When she left Alex's blood pressure had dropped and we knew she had been calmed by Natalie's songs.
On July 7th our lives were forever changed all by a very simple procedure that Alex had. I can't explain to anyone what are family has been through in the past month but I know it has made us stronger and forever changed us. I say all this because I read a quote the other day that I think states us girls, Amanda , Jessica and Alex and any relationship you have with your sister, into words.
"She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days she's the reason you wish you were an only child." Barbara Alpert, Author
Ahhh, you are too sweet! And tell Alex that her favorite color is BROWN! She knows what I mean!!!! We had a great day Monday cracking ourselves up!!! I love the sister quote!!!
ReplyDelete