Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Here are the pros of today:

Alex has not thrown up.
She took 5 bites of pasta.
She sat up for 1 hour.
She only asked for mom 5,000 times today compared to the normal 10,000 times a day.
Her physical therapist, Amanda, worked with her today and she did great. She was able to work her back and her legs. She did AWESOME!!!
The best thing is she talked with us and Dr. Kwan and helped us decide to put in the NG tube tomorrow through her nose.

It is a decision that we know is the best for Alex. Without proper nutrition she will start to get worse and not better. Right now all she is doing is staying stagnant-there is no way she can advance in her healing without some nourishment. Tomorrow they will have to put her under anesthesia for a short period in order to place the tube through her nose and pass her stomach. We know that we have to address the problem at hand and not be too concerned on what may happen. The circumstances around tomorrow's procedure are much better than what got us into this mess. She has been dialysized well and she has no anesthesia in her system. We know this is what will get her better and we know that God will give us peace tomorrow and be with her to allow her to recover from being put under once again.

Alex has requested that anyone who reads her blog leaves her a message so that we may read it to her.

9 comments:

  1. Hey alex!!! Just got back from my cruise I am so glad you are back on the floor. see ya tomorrow!!! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alex!

    My name is Melinda and I am Rachel's mom. I remember meeting you at A&M one time when you were visiting Jessica and I was visiting Rachel in their dorm.

    Rachel has been keeping me up to date on how you are doing for quite a while. But, since you have a blog now, I check it every day to see how you are. I look forward to hearing all about you.

    I am always so glad to learn you are having a good day. I am sad when you have a bad day. But it seems you are having more and more good days and that makes me happy. I am proud of you and know you are trying really hard to get better.

    I pray for you and your wonderful family. I know God is watching over you! Thank you for sharing your stories with us!

    With love,
    Melinda Reeves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex,

    My name is Jordan and I am a friend of Jessica's from church. You and I haven't gotten to meet yet but I hope to the next time you visit Alsbury. I have heard that you are such a sweet and fun girl so I look forward to getting to meet you. I pray for you and your family often and like to check your blog to see how you are doing. You have a very sweet sister who loves you a lot.

    Have a great day!
    Love,
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex! i'm Jennifer. I used to work with your sister Jessica before she ditched us to go teach some obnoxious 11th graders! :)

    i can't believe she would rather spend the day with THEM than ME!

    I would always ask about you when i saw her. i didn't really care how she was doing... just how you were. haha. I really enjoyed meeting Phinneus when he came up here. you're lucky to have such a cool dog. hes so handsome!

    i'm always keeping you and your family in my prayers. i continue to follow your blog and i feel like i know you! you're famous!

    Anyway, you take care and give phin a hug for me! oh... and tell Jessica i said hi too. :)

    Blessings,
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alex! I'm really glad to see you're doing better! My name is Cory and I'm friends with Jessica and Mike. You probably don't remember me, but we met a couple of times when you visited Alsbury. I was helping in Children's Church and you were dancing in your chair to the music.

    I can't wait 'till you can come back and boogie some more with us!

    Keep harassing your sister! We LOVE hearing stories about how you give her a hard time!

    We love you and are praying for you.

    Take care,
    Cory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alex-
    Several years ago, I lived across the street from you on Dowdy Ferry. I used to bring my little boy, Michael, over to your house everyday to play with you and just hang out. I am pretty sure we watched every episode of blues clues atleast 100 times together. I loved it when you would ask your mom if you could come to my house to eat. It always amazed me at how much you would eat at my house. (as long as I kept the butter hidden) Butter was just like candy to you and now my 4 year old daughter is the same way. She loves her butter. I will never forget how excited you were when you got your first leg braces and your first little purple wheelchair. I am going to try to find a picture of you and Michael together and bring it to you. Hopefully I can find one with those little red pigtails in it.

    Alex you have taught me so much when you didn't even know you were doing anything. Living across the street from you and your mom was the best thing God could have done for me. I can never thank you enough for letting me be apart of your life. You prepared me to have my own daughter and you have made me such a better person and mother.

    Haylee, my daughter, also has a very special middle name.....Elizabeth. Can you guess where that came from?

    I will always love you Alex. If you ever need anything, anything at all, I will always be here. Tell your Mom, Dad and Sisters if they need anything I will always be here.

    I love you princess.

    Jennefer
    214-679-0890

    Haylee wants to come meet you so tell someone to call me when you are ready for visitors. She loves Taylor and Lindsey and I know she will love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey crazy!!! I'm so proud of you and all you've done since I saw you Monday and I'm proud of your decision to do the NG tube!! You rock! Now...I've been looking for my guitar and I can't seem to find it. You wouldn't happen to know where it is would you???????? It's not hiding anywhere is it????????? Alex??????????? You don't have it hiding somewhere do you?????? hmmmmmmmmmm. Love ya girl and I'll see ya on Monday!!!! surprises in store!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all those comments! It looks like there are alot of people out there that care alot about you and want to see you feeling better! I have a blog and nobody ever leaves me a comment. :( I just looked at yours and you have 7. You must be pretty special!

    Soooo...a little birdie told me your birthday is in a week! Ok, it was really Jessica. I guess she isn't birdie. What do you want for your birthday? If you don't want presents I'll give you my address and you can send them all to me! Just kidding! I might have to make a run to the store to see if I can find something for you. I'll just send it with Mike and Jessica on the big day.

    Are you driving your mom crazy with the bell yet? I bet your mom wants to give Jessica a spanking for buying it! That would be funny wouldn't it?

    I hope you are feeling good today. We think about you often! I love reading the blog and hearing about how good you are doing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello tonight, Sweet Girl. Katie is here and she showed me how to get on your blog and send you a message. I am one of those who should not even have a computer, let alone try to use it......I just want you to know that we are thinking of you and wish you everything wonderful. We have been looking at pictures today and I found one of you and your Dad that I thought you might like to have. I am sending it by Katie.....I love you and hope you have sweet dreams.......Love you much...Aunt Nell

    ReplyDelete