Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No Place Like Home....

That's right exactly 5 months after mom and Alex began their journey to have her kidney removed they are finally home. They were originally supposed to be in for only 1 month tops but I guess that didn't quite go as planned. Monday evening at about 8:30 Alex finally stepped foot into her home. The first thing she wanted to do was sit in the recliner. Mom said she didn't want to get out.

She had a rough night last night. She threw up in her bed, had an accident and sweated so bad that mom had to change her sheets. Mom said that by 4am Alex had gone through 3 pair of sheets. She finally settled down and she got to sleep around 4 this morning. I don't know what time Alex woke up, but when I talked to mom at noon today she was still sleeping. She really slept all day and was still tired tonight. She said she hasn't had a good nights sleep in 5 months. So she really has to get caught up on her sleep. We will let her sleep. We are all so glad that she is HOME.

She has to still be dialysized 3 days a week and she has to be there at 6:30am. So every Monday, Wednesday and Friday a wheelchair accessible van will transport them to and from Children's in Dallas.

Please keep her in your prayers so that she may continue to have a smooth recovery and may finally eat something.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Alex,

    I am so glad you are home! I know you must be very happy to get back to your own bed. I'm glad you got a good sleep. I know you will rest and sleep much better now that you are home. It's Wednesday morning while I'm writing this and I am thinking of you as you make your trip into Dallas. I hope you have a good day.

    Love,
    Debbie H.

    ReplyDelete