Monday, August 17, 2009

Not much going on....

All is quiet on the hospital home front.....We are still anxiously awaiting Alex to eat everyday. Today she ate 8 bites of cantaloupe. She is still requesting her ice cream cake for her birthday and I told her I would cook her anything that she wants. Hopefully she will be in such good spirits Wednesday that she won't be worried about eating and just do it. We really think that this eating thing is a mind game now. How we can get her to get over being afraid when she has been scared of something her whole life has been a true challenge. As we have said through this whole process Alex is and will always be her worst enemy.

On a positive note Alex got a haircut tonight. As you can imagine Alex's hair was one big huge knot from being in bed for almost a solid month. Mom washed it today for the first time but it was impossible to get out the biggest knot. Lesa came up to the hospital tonight and cut it. Mom said Alex felt so good about herself after having her haircut.

Alex has lost about 25 pounds since being in the hospital. So for her birthday she is asking for new clothes because her old ones don't fit. She is so glad that she is moving down in sizes and able to say that she is losing weight. Hopefully it will keep her motivated to continue to lose weight once she does start eating.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Alex,
    I am glad to hear you are doing so well! I follow your blog everyday and am so happy for the progress you have made. You really are what the title says - a fighter. I'm glad to hear you are eating - and good things, too. You really can't beat cantaloupe in Texas in August. I bet you were glad to get a haircut, everybody feels better after a haircut! Enjoy your ice cream cake on your birthday - sounds yummy.

    Love, Debbie H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY....The day is here and I hope it will be the most wonderful day of all. Hope your enjoy your cake and all the friends gathering around. I guess you will be signing up for driver's ed soon. Have you given any thought to your new car?...Have a great day. Love you much.....Aunt Nell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday To You
    Happy Birthday To You
    Happy Birthday Dear Alex
    Happy Birthday To You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Alex! I hope you are having a good day. I heard you are going to have a little party tonight. I bet that cake is going to be yummy! Jessica showed me a picture of your new hair cut. It looked really cute. Do you like it? It always makes me feel better to get a hair cut. Have a great day! Eat a bite of cake for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX!!!! I hope you had a great day and a wonderful party! Jessica said you were going to have some yummy ice cream cake... it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete