Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Power of Prayer

Alex is getting a little better everyday but I can't help but think where we were many weeks ago with Alex in ICU and relying on a ventilator. I hate to think of the times that the doctors took us in to their room to discuss our options with Alex. But then I remember how much we prayed, and how God answered our prayers in a miraculous way. When human medicine failed us, God was there to guide us through. Our family is closer to Alex, each other and the Lord through these trials.

I say all of this because there are days that it seems like Alex still has so far to go. She is not eating, she is very easily winded, she is very anxious, very weak, and still at high risk. But then I remember the power of our Lord and realize that as long as we all keep our faith and keep praying, He will take care of it all.

Word on the street is that Alex will go home Monday. Because she is not eating, she will still be on TPN through an IV. It will be a challenge to manage her IV at home, but we believe that it is mind over matter and the comfort of home will help Alex.

I also want to compliment my mom and the strength that she has been forced to develop over these past few weeks. If you have spent even 30 minutes at the hospital with Alex, you know how draining it can be up here. Mom has swallowed her boredom and frustrations and provided a healing comfort to Alex. We are blessed to have a mom that is so strong because I know that neither me, Amanda or dad could have kept our sanity in this hospital. Mom may have lost a little of her sanity but we won't hold it against her. ;)

And Dad never had any to begin with....

No comments:

Post a Comment