Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Can I get a Diet Coke.....please?

Alex is still breathing fantastically on her own. Although she is still on her Bi-Pap machine everything is back on track. She had a bit of a scare overnight when she started forming blisters in her throat and her mouth. Her breathing was getting difficult and they feared her windpipe may swell shut. But once the doctor starting administering all the medications needed to help her the swelling soon went down.


She is sleeping right now after a very fitful night. She is still asking for her Diet Coke but she is allowed ice chips. When she wakes up I may put a little on her tongue....I think it is the least she deserves. She still has to come off her Epi and Fentanyl before she can be put back on the 6th floor. We know that she is strong and that she will back at it in no time.

All that we can do is take each day as it comes our way and know that God has been with us throughout this entire time and he will continue to be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment