Alex learned a new trick....to raise her middle finger. I made the mistake of laughing at her when she did it out of pure innocence. My laughter encouraged her to continue to raise it, and then try to raise mine. She would find my middle find and pull it up. I thought it was hilarious...mom did not. After 5 or 6 times, Mom got serious and Alex had to stop. And it wasn't even Alex who was reprimanded...it was me! It was so fun to see her in good spirits. She laughed alot this evening. You can tell because her belly moves up and down. It's good for all of us to have her laughing!
The ventilator is turned down to a 10! Woohoo! Her respiratory rate is about 27 bpm, 17 of which are hers! At this rate, and God willing, she will be off the vent by early next week.
Dialysis went well today. We get to take the day off tomorrow from dialysis so that will be nice.
She is more awake today than days prior. We all keep hovering over her and she knows it. She was coughing and I went over there and started asking her a million questions. Are you okay? Do you need covers? Are you shaky? Do you want a movie? Finally she opened her mouth really wide and mouthed, " I'm FINE!!!". Hmmm...I guess she's back to Alex!
I can't wait to see how the Lord blesses us tomorrow! Praise God! Praise God!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey young lady. I'm glad you are feeling better but you had better beahve up there with those ICU nurses. We miss you here but I have enjoyed taking afternoon naps in your bed while you have been gone. I'll be seeing you soon.
ReplyDeleteLOL that's hilarious! Sorry you guys got in trouble. :( I know you guys must be happy to see her coming back to her old self. Sounds like she might be a little on the ornery side!
ReplyDeletehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...I'm cracking up!! And sad that I'm missing out on the fun!!! You gotta let me come up there Monday!!!! I'm having withdrawls!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete