Monday, July 20, 2009

We are blessed!

Another positive day with little Alex. Although she threw up again last night, she is showing additional signs of improvement today. She was awake for most of the morning. Her blood pressure is stable and we have turned her vent down a little bit more. She will dialysize later this afternoon to remove extra fluid. Each day we hope to turn the vent down a little bit more and eventually extubate her. It will be so much easier to communicate with her once she is extubated. Right now, her communication consists of pointing and facial signs. Since she is still weak, her pointing is very general so she gets frustrated when we don't understand. Her favorite thing right now is to have the nurse clean her mouth with a sponge that suctions. She requests this at least 15 times a day. This is the cleanest her mouth has been...ever!

The Lord has a promising future for Alex. Each day we watch as he brings her healing. We have progressed so far in one week- I can't wait to see where we are next week!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.
Jer 29:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment