Monday, July 20, 2009

What A Day

Dialysis today was a chore- to put it mildly. Since she is waking up she is much more alert of EVERYTHING that is going on. Unfortunately when she is being dialysized all her pain meds are drained from her body before they can set in, which means she is very anxious and twitchy and it makes 4 hours of little to no pain meds very nerve wracking. She would sleep for about 5 minutes and then she was back to twitching and needing something constantly. All of that can make 4 hours seem like an eternity.

On a sweeter note I told Alex that she was famous and her eyes got HUGE!!! I told her about the blog we had started for her and how everyone was wanting to know all about how she had been for the past 2 weeks. I started reading her some of the entries and she started crying. Mom asked her if she was crying because of how much everyone cared and loved her and she said yes. That is the sweetness of Alex that can melt our hearts. We thank everyone for all their thoughts and prayers and know how happy Alex was today to hear how much everyone cared.

1 comment:

  1. wooooohoooooo!!!! I told momma that I was glad she was alert and awake even if she told me not to come visit!!!! I'd rather have it that way than her lying in bed not talking!!! Glad she is doing better and I can't wait to visit again!!!

    ReplyDelete