
Each day is a blessing with Alex. We have made it 4 days without having to "pow wow" with the doctors. It used to be that every morning they would take us in a small room and provide us with options on Alex's survival. There were always pathways. One pathway was life, the other was not. I think they haven't had this talk in a while for a few reasons.
1. Alex is too stubborn to follow their pathway. She will do what she wants when she wants and they better not dare tell her otherwise.
2. There is not enough negative stuff to talk about right now.
3. Only God knows what pathway Alex is on.
Needless to say, Alex is continuing to fight fight fight! Her oxygen on her ventilator is down to 45%! It has been up to 60% before. They will dialysize again today to pull off more fluid. She continues to be on blood pressure meds but they are lower than yesterday. I keep telling her to pump those veins! The nutritional supplement in her feeding tube is going well. Praise God for all of these things!
Don't get me wrong, we still have a fight ahead of us. She still needs to wake up and get those lungs to breathing on her own. But the Lord is with Alex and the Lord is with us and we will not give up. God is a God of patience and although he has the power to heal her in 1 millisecond, His plan is different. Perhaps He does this to bring us all to our knees in prayer. (If so, it works!)
Through all of this, we ask ourselves why does a cute little girl go through all of this? I don't know. But I do know that through Alex's sufferings, hundreds...maybe thousands...of people have fallen in love with this little red head. We can all learn from her strength and perseverance. And we can all learn that God is good and His healing power is beyond our imagination.
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." Romans 8:18-21
Jessica,
ReplyDeletei'm so glad to hear that Alex is doing better. thanks for sharing the blog... i feel like i know her now!
Keeping you and your family in my prayers
~Jennifer
Hi Alex,
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me yet, I am Darla and I live in California. Amanda lives across the road from my parents. I have heard wonderful things about you!
Stay strong, my prayers are with you.